Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's ugly.

I am tired of cutesy-wutesy, niceness and lovey. And even beautiful. (Except for Jennifer Skoog's mountain pictures. I'll take those every day.)

And I am not even sorry if you are offended. I am just tired of it. It makes for boring reading.

Nice is nice. Cute is cute. But it can be soooooo BORING.

so- I am going to tell you something:

Spider plants are ugly.
I don't have a photo, because I don't have a spider plant, because I think they are UGLY. And I don't care if you disagree...

I want real. GIVE ME REAL!

Today I am going go take pictures of ugly stuff to share with you.
So, if you feel so inclined- tell me what you think is ugly. I'd appreciate it!
Or tell me you disagree that spider plants are ugly and why- it makes interesting reading.

ps. I am not depressed. Just bored.

19 comments:

Anna said...

Jan, you made me chuckle. There has been lots of cutesyness lately, hasn't there? (Me included, I think. But hey, some things are just so cute you gotta share 'em, :) Anyhow, ugly: the roads this morning. My kitchen last night before the dishes got washed. That plant I have that I don't really like, but took cuz E.'s g-ma gave it to me. Those are ugly.

MindiJo said...

Ha! Don't read my blog today then. I'll try be meaner in the future. ;)
Ugly? Wind, blowing gusting with DUST flying everywhere. Yuck.
That's what we live with lately.
What is a spider plant?

Lorz said...

I'm glad you clarified the depression thing- I thought maybe MN winter was getting too harsh! LOL. :D

I don't know- I guess I'm feeling the love right now. There's a lot of sadness going on, so I'm trying to stay positive the best I can. Lovey dovey is real for me right now. I'll stop back when I hit ugly! :D

P.S. You crack me up.

Lois said...

The snowbanks up here that are starting to melt (not fast enough) that are all brown and slushy are waaay uglier than spider plants!

Leanne said...

Yikes. Stop reading my blog then. I don't plan to stop expressing myself this way anytime soon. For me, nice is real.

Cheryl said...

Our weather, my house, chemistry...
thats all the ugly that I can handle today in my life, but I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yvonne said...

hey, ugly can be good.
i like this post; i'll be back after more thought on the matter.
i'm going to look around.

Elizabeth Halt said...

this reminds me of a favorite quote -

"Everything has beauty. But not everyone sees it."

that is what I strive for, and I must be doing better because I can honestly not think of anything that I consider ugly.

totally not what you wanted in response, I know, but such is life

:)

Yvonne said...

true ugliness can't be seen necessarily, for instance:
"all government is an ugly necessity"
and
"beauty is only skin deep, but UGLY goes clean to the bone"
now aren't you thankful for that ugly spider plant? i only like spider plants if they are hanging from a porch or ceiling and don't have any dry, brown, dead stuff on 'em.
the end and good bye.

Sarah said...

Hm. I just slathered a cutesy post all over my page and then stopped by here. I agree, it can make for boring reading... But then again, this world is full of ugly, bad, and depressing news right now- so much so that I can't listen to the news without feeling depressed- so I'll actually take the nice stuff- as long as it's real. I'm all about real, that I'll agree with!

Anonymous said...

I just think that happy things are so fun to read. Never tire of that!

Anonymous said...

I'll agree with Leanne.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I was going to say what Leanne said. Don't stop by. ;)

There is too much ugliness in the world right now. I'll take all the nice and cute I can get! :)

Anonymous said...

Anyonymous above is me! I accidentally hit the 'enter' key. :)

P.S. Thanks for the message today!

Sharyn said...

puke and runs = ugly

:)

Anonymous said...

the bathtub = ugly
thinking about scrubbing the tub = ugly

:)

ethiopifinn said...

this is making me laugh! I'm going to post some grit, now, since i just p[osted lemon pie! well, right after i change suvi's shit pants.

Anonymous said...

lotsa ugly out in our yard...slush with a 3" layer of pond on top. makes for interesting dances tiptoeing out to the van. and the kids want mud boots out. aaaagh! another ugly thing...my hair yesterday before my new do. new hair really perks me up. ~marne

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

JAN!I'm posting some ugliness soon.