Meet Nichole. She is our latest groovy girl find from the thrift store. The only problem is she didn't have any clothes on. To rectify this, I wasted time this morning sewing her a dress. I even gathered it and sewed some ribbon detail on it. Too bad then, that it doesn't fit around her! Oops. No pattern. This was my doodling for today. That's what happens when I sew. (Joan, I am taking your suggestions to heart- she said play piano or sew to keep from munching in the kitchen- try it, it works!)
Here is Nicole with friend, Natalya. Sadie has started collecting Groovy Girl dolls...really her mom is, but don't tell her. The fun thing is, besides that I think they are cute, is that I find them in with the stuffed animals at thrift stores, so they are really cheap- like 3 for $1 or so. And then we dig through the toy junk boxes looking for accessories. Fabric (rag) dolls have been really appealing to me lately. Just go on Flickr and search fabric dolls, and you'll see why. I think I might sew one or two, another chance to doodle...
Thanks to all of you that commented on my bells palsy post. I wasn't sure how the post would come across- it is such a personal topic. I seems like you all "got" it.
1 comment:
I'm so impressed that you made it without a pattern, that dress is cute!
Post a Comment