Sometimes it is a nuisance to live so far from town. From school. From church. There are times when I really think it would be handy to be able to run a couple of blocks to the store. But, then I get on my snowshoes and step out of my yard into the woods, across fields and on lakes and ponds. Then I am gloriously thankful for our beautiful corner in countryside.
I have to make the effort to "go to town." But if I lived in town would I make the effort to get out in woods? Because of where we live I have access to many acres (the neighbor's farm) and next to that is the state forest with miles of trails. I am so lucky.
This winter there has been times I've wished for a treadmill or elliptical machine when it has been bitterly cold, or when I can't get out because of the kids. I don't have a machine however, and I know I have gotten outside more often because I have to if I want to get exercise. For that I am grateful- it is good for my soul to go out into nature.
And here I am on the edge of the woods- a self portrait.
5 comments:
snowshoeing? yowzir, that is a work out! good for you.
Well-said. I miss it there. But I guess I have to get out as much as poss--- yesterday I went for a long walk in the downpouring rain and it was wonderful.
Nice photos, too.
I do have a treadmill and I really like it. I don't have to deal with our icy, slick hill. But on the other hand I will admit that it's real easy to just go in the basement and work out rather than going outside. I guess I'm getting excercise right?
You are lucky.
That sounds like fun. I keep thinking it'd be nice to get some snowshoes for the whole family.
Post a Comment