This post is about keeping it real.I seem to be divulging more and more of myself here- what is going on? Catharsis or something.
This is what my kitchen looks like when I am busy with other projects. Like today. I am working on the latest issue of Viewpoint. And teaching myself to crochet. And other stuff. Like most days.
So really, this is what my kitchen looks most of the time. Note the filing system on the metal table. Yep, it's a dishtub. It actually works really good. I can move it out of the way in a hurry if I need to- like when Liz and Bob come over and I make chili for them. Or whenever.
The cabinet next to the fridge is supposed to have doors on it. And slideout shelves in it. Hasn't happened yet. It used to be a regular lower cabinet, but it has been in transition now for almost 2 years. We aren't rushing.
Sadie took this photo at the kilter that it is. True to life around here, I guess.
14 comments:
I'll have to admit this makes me feel a bit better that my kitchen can be a mess too. Although I'm not off doing custructive things as you are :)
What is Viewpoint?
Patti I.
Hey, it looks like you've been cleaning!! Looks nice.
Your favorite brother-inlaw.
ajp
Jan,
I always new we were soulmates.
my kitchen (and perhaps every room in my house, but you don't have to be lumped in with that has a crap-load of procrastination, too.
love ya girl!
oops. I always "knew" :)
Patti - Viewpoint is our family newspaper Jess and I are publishing- we are attempting to do 4 issues this year. this is the 2nd one.
Aaron- are you saying this kitchen has been WORSE? hahaha. Of course you are my favorite, just don't tell the rest!
Jenny- ah yes. the rest of the house is the same. My dream is to someday be able to hire a housekeeper hahaha. I am trying to train in Sadie, but alas, she is from the same gene pool as me!
Ha ha I couldn't resist it Jan.
You are a good sport. besides I married your sister! I enjoy the creative side of the Salmen girls.
ajp
I was just giving myself a really hard time for being so unorganized... your post made me feel better. :) Thanks!!! My kitchen is looking worse than yours at the moment! My kitchen counter is my "hot spot" that I can't seem to keep clear.
I like your kitchen.
i like that you are living your life cuz if "housework is done right, it will kill you."
i want an island with a portable filing system too.
you go girl!
i like that you are living your life cuz if "housework is done right, it will kill you."
i want an island with a portable filing system too.
you go girl!
As I blog hop, my kitchen is in a very sorry state. I'm on strike, I worked a 12 today and the hubby HAD said he'd do it...heh. I just live by something a very neat and tidy person once told me when I said I needed to go home and clean "ahh, you have all your life to clean, go have fun." I take that very seriously.
Jan, I tried emailing you those pictures. Some of them might have worked but then the rest came back it said something about you inbox being full...i don't know what was the problem but i'll try send them again later.
Your kitchen looks the same as mine. Creating is more fun than cleaning.
Post a Comment