I was telling my mom about my discouraging realization re: weight, and she asked me if I've tried the brick wall.
I haven't - so what do I have to lose but weight? Here it is - you draw a brick wall with a square for each hour. Each hour you eat within your plan (no binges, etc.) you color in a brick- trying to get a full brick wall for the day. I drew up a brick wall on the computer but my word program is so old I can't save it in a format to link it here, but you get the picture. I put 16 bricks, as I am usually up for 16 hours a day.
Here is my plan - if I get 5 full brick walls before next Wed., I am getting a 1/2 hour massage on Wed. I have to be within my points total on each of those days. I get only one bad wall-there are six days counting today. Wish me well!
... sometimes we have to take it hour by hour instead of day by day!
7 comments:
I like the brick wall idea. Something visible and tangible for the artist's mind. Is there something else on your mind when you are going for the snacks? Lack of sleep? Stuck on a project? Need more time with your man? Sometimes, even if I still eat that temptation, I just like to identify why there is a feeling of need.
That's a cool concept. Drink up your H2O and ENJOY every morsel of food that goes into your mouth. I apologize for the unsolicited advice.
Have a good day! Jen
just have to tell you. this afternoon i went through a drivethru and ate it all up. i was exhausted and anxious. that spicy chicken sandwich didn't cure my ailments, but now, 6 hours later, it made me laugh thinking I had HIT a brickwall, instead of drawing one. work it girl. way to build your wall!
i really like this idea. when i have more time i'm coming back here to copy this plan. thanx.
JT- I think it's boredom and tiredness.
JS- I've you more than my share of advice! : ) I'll take all I can get.
Y-good luck with it!
Well, I got one brick wall filled up. I realized the visual should be that I am climbing up my brick wall to get over the top of it. The kids are enjoying my visual too! Yesterday I really realized how many BLT's (bites, licks and tastes) I've been consuming. There were some tough minutes, but I did it!
One down...Good job! Have you tried making any more of your cute owls, or tried the piano when boredom hits? I have to watch what I eat and needless to say the old Singer has been workin' lately. One baby blanket down, one almost ready to sew. My machine is in my basement so I'm away from the kitchen and all images of food. It usually works for me.
hey, i know all about those BLT's too. they add up fast don't they if you don't keep track of them.
Post a Comment