School has been canceled today due to freezing rain.
We can recuperate from our weekend- Friday Ron and I went out on a date. Saturday we went to a bluegrass concert with friends, Stan and Andrea, with supper beforehand. We visited until late at their house afterwards. Sunday was Sunday school and church and afternoon company who stayed for supper and then sauna and dessert. Ahhh, it was a good time, all of it.
Yesterday Sadie and I went for a little cross country ski together. The snow wasn't great, but the time together was. I wish I had gotten a picture of us on skis. Sunday company was awesome. Just hanging out and kids playing. Liz and I got a good walk in too, so that was bonus.
You longtime readers will remember that we went to a bluegrass concert with Stan and Andrea almost exactly a year ago. Again, I loved the music. Even better this year, I brought my sketchbook instead of a camera. I do have sketches to post from concert. Those will come later.
2 comments:
It sounds like a fabulous weekend! We haven't branched out here, and spend our fun time just the four of us, of sometimes with my Mom or sister Mari. Visiting as a married couple is something I always imagined and expected to do, but never expected to have this flavor of last name. Life's surprises!
Jan, your weekend sounds invigorating. I'm happy for you that you guys got to go out and do some fun stuff. It's always fun visiting with people. One thing I miss about being here. Cross-country skiing! Nate was just talking about that yesterday since we got a bunch of fresh snow!
ps. look forward to the sketches.
Post a Comment