Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hey Grandma J!

Grandma J, here are some of your favorite hockey players!
The kids had hockey today at the indoor rink. It was awesome fun. As Corey put it "I don't have to skate uphill like I do at (his) grandma's!" The kids have been practicing for the last two months on an outdoor rink, so this was a real treat.
Here they had been doing drills, and now gathered around for further instruction. This is the first time I brought the kids to hockey; I was impressed with what they could do, and with our volunteer coaches. Thanks goes to James and Kevin and all the others who helped with this program. It was a great deal- for $5 the kids got to check out helmets, got hats that had "Braves Hockey" stitched on them to wear under their helmets and today they got indoor ice time and the jerseys they're wearing in the upper pictures. It was done through Community Ed, and obviously there was volunteers and sponsors involved. Look at the crew below:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a good turn out! Grant would love to do something like that, we'll have to wait for a couple more years though.

Anonymous said...

Love the hockey pictures...I miss those days. I try to catch my "big" boys playing now and again.

Anonymous said...

Love the hockey pictures...I miss those days. I try to catch my "big" boys playing now and again.