There were also calves, rabbits and cats. These students in FFA compete in contests ranging from judging dairy products, identifying trees, horticulture, the list goes on. They also do profiency projects in many topics. Our school sends students to the state contests every year. Good job to all of you in FFA!
Yesterday the kids and I also visited my cousin's hog farm. Their sows are farrowing (birthing baby pigs.) The kids and I really enjoyed watching the pigs. I want to go back with my sketchbook someday. Take a look at Andrea's blog to see a couple of pictures of the kids and me and other pictures of their pigs. Here is the link: oakpostranch.com Thanks Andrea for the tour! We really enjoyed it. Sam is "writing" a book about pigs today.
2 comments:
That's a neat looking dog!
Hi Jan,
who's pup? Is there any more? I am looking for a good pup...a herder for my Carl.
Joe was just saying "what's this world coming to, when you can't find a good pup easily?
Kathleen H
Post a Comment