
We have begun demo-ing our downstairs now- taking out bedroom walls to make a living room. Yesterday the school kids got in on the action. I am not sure if this would be breaking child labor laws or can we call it Industrial Arts? Ted here is not screwing stuff in near those wires, just for the record- he is backing out sheetrock screws from the studs.

Nothing better on a January day than using up some energy wacking on sheetrock with a hammer. I can just see it now: my kids applying for jobs, and they will write down "know how to demolish sheetrock." on the application. We like our kids to have broad horizons.

We do believe in Title 9 in this school. I made sure Sadie got experience using the power tools and practice on the scaffolding as well as the boys. Plenty more yet to do, though!
4 comments:
Love this! My six-year-old would be so envious!
the title had me chuckling.
i love an equal opportunity labor camp/school.
thanks for the smiles!!!
Definitely child labor! I can't believe that you would let your kids do something like that!
Lanny ;-)
Way to go! How long before they gave up? My kids like to destruct, but only on their own schedule.
Post a Comment