Friday, January 29, 2010

Making the most of the snow.

Snow: it is not going away so we might as well make the most of it, right?

At my fun job, I delight in surprising the residents. I like to go into their rooms and announce things like "Today we are going to fly kites!" or as I did yesterday, "Today we are going to make snowmen!" And they chuckle at the thought, because when was the last time they made a snowman? And they give me an amused smile that says "you are a crazy, nutty lady!"
So we made snowmen. I brought gloves and mittens, and then I brought the snow inside to make little snowmen.
Here is our cigar-smoking blueberry picker.
And the wacky snowbird. They brought smiles all around.

When is the last time you made a snowman? Hope you get a chance to do it when you are 100 years old!

Just to make you all jealous, I want to post a picture of my view when I roll over in bed in the morning. This is my view- yep, from my bed. It inspires me every morning. Well, most mornings. Some days I just don't appreciate it enough. And a view out the boys' bedroom window. The sun was rising, and this photo doesn't do it justice.
It is not always convenient to live out in the hills like we do- sometimes (like last weekend while I was snowed/iced in) I wish I could at least see cars go by on the road- but the nature is spectacular and I don't have to have window shades or curtains on my windows. (Should I? I don't think anyone is peeping in...)

Have a good day!

5 comments:

Anna said...

As a matter of fact, I just made a snowman with the kids the other day:) It was great fun. Love that you throw oddball fun projects at the residents like that. It's gotta lighten up their day!

Becca said...

Love the snowmen, Jan!

Mari Lynn Ylitalo said...

Cool idea, those snowmen. (Downright cold, probably.) You have some view there. And if anyone is peeping in your windows, they have some view, too.

Yvonne said...

how funny Jan! especially the "snow bird" - double meaning on that one! love it.
and what a view! it's those little every day blessings we don't always take time to notice.
thanks for sharing.

Brita said...

Your view is absolutely gorgeous!