Glad you liked the sketch. I'll have to do more...
I just thought I'd see if anyone else has read novels by Stanley Gordon West.
My brother Dale told me about them-- and they are worth a read.
I've read Sweet Shattered Dreams and Blind Your Ponies. This guy takes subjects you think would be really boring and turns them into a book you can't put down- like a losing high school basketball team in a dying one-horse town. A good winter night's read.
I can't wait to read more of his books, but they're hard to get from the library.
3 comments:
i asked about you when i got back from michigan but you had already flown...
do you give out your e-mail address? i have a question?
i thought your favorite author was the toot and puddle lady?
~ann b.
Lanny and I have discovered Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. They are titled by number (One for the Money is the first one) and are an uproariously fun read. Stephanie is a bumbling bounty hunter who somehow manages to do everything wrong but gets her man in the end. There's a hint of romance to add some spice, some suspenseful twists, and always a good chuckle. I highly recommend her books. I am on this mystery kick and have also enjoyed reading/listening (books on CD are a favorite in this house) to Mary Higgens Clark and Lillian Jackson Braun books. I haven't read anything by West but perhaps I will look at getting one of his books next time I am at the library.
Post a Comment