Monday, November 1, 2010

Update on that bread book.

This is from the Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes book- the above photo is Algerian flatbread, which was really good if you like spicy. I liked it, my kids didn't. It got cooked on the stovetop in my cast iron pan.

I have decided bread is still an art. And the 5 minutes thing isn't really accurate. Initially it is 5 minutes of mixing, but then there is resting time, warming up time, baking time. Which you have to be around for- it doesn't bake itself. But, if you are interested in breads, give it a try. It is a good way to start the adventures of breadmaking. The book, which I did not read word for word, has some good information too.

I make the dough, and then I have it in the fridge. The best way to eliminate the time factor is to just use it for pizza crust. A whole wheat pizza crust- healthy and tasty. And we like the basic bread with soup.

PS.- I created on Friday.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You created! How wonderful. :)

I was near the discount bread store today and I contemplated going in and stocking up because like you said, bread doesn't bake itself. It's work! I'm hoping to try this cookbook out this winter- thanks for the update.

MindiJo said...

That bread looks delicious and strange.

And- keep creating!