Thursday, November 4, 2010

Head, Heart, Hands and Health.

Tonight, we officially became a 4-H family.

I grew up as a 4-H member. I have fond memories and I credit a lot of my learning to 4-H. I learned to sew, cook, lead a meeting, do paperwork (records) and to speak in front of people, all through 4-H. I did community service, groomed and showed cattle, modeled clothes I sewed, took trips and spent time (overnight) at the State Fair.

My way of looking at life now, as a series of projects, is because of 4-H.

So tonight we attended our first meeting at the same Town Hall that I attended meetings at. Some of the same people are still involved from when I was a 4-H member. It feels like a full circle, and I am excited for my kids to learn the skills and have fun being 4-H members.

I think Ron is a bit excited for 4-H and for our kids to be in it too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds great jan! i know you guys will all love it!
~ann b.

BlueSky said...

Hey! Thats awesome! I wish you guys luck with your projects and hope the kids have a blast :)

Krista said...

I always was jealous of the 4-Hers up there when I was a kid. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Who is still involved in 4-H from when we were in it? I think it sounds kind of fun...good for the kids. Helen

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for getting your kids involved w/ 4-H. It'll be great for them and they'll make great memories. I know I'm glad that my parents had our family involved.
-Katrina H.