Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A play day.

(This is an image off of some vintage fabric I have been trying to decide what to do with.)

Yesterday Morgan and I went off to Moorhead for two classes about making images on fabric. It was lots of fun, especially the afternoon, when we got to get our hands dirty and play with some really fun paint (Luminaire) and fabric. The first half was about transferring images to fabric, the second was about mono printing and gelatin printing on fabric. The intent is for making art quilts, but I will likely use the info for working on my collages.

Unbelievably, the classes were free! They were offered by our area public library system. Remember the arts and cultural heritage fund you may or may not have voted for two years ago? (in MN) Well, this class was a result of that. I have attended other classes, concerts and presentations offered through this same funding. I have gotten my money's worth, maybe your money's worth too! I encourage you to check on what is happening in your local area, it is a great deal!

1 comment:

MindiJo said...

That sounds like a lot of fun.