Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bread update.

Yesterday I tried baking 3 loaves of the Whole wheat bread I mentioned.

I made one essential error: I did not read all the way through the recipe before I started. I did not let it rise so the loaves had a very dense crumb. The third time I was simply impatient- so I smooshed it flat and baked it like that. It was supper time and I wanted some bread to dip into our soup. (Veggie and ham with some northern beans.)

I ate way too much bread. The truth is, I am a much better soup cook than a bread baker. That will be a later post: making soups. I like to think I am pretty good at it. At least, Ron says I am : )

2 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

AAAH! you make me laugh.
i love soup, anyhow.

Yvonne said...

i have the same malfunction Jan!