Thursday, October 21, 2010

Studio notes.

Here is a piece I dug out of the dump years ago. I have been saving for when I get a studio. I cleaned it up last week, found a spot for it and started filling it up. It has a patina I like (old garage style?)

Note the old labels for someone's hardware. The cubbies will be great for me being able to see my stuff.
Yesterday I worked on a new craft: locker hooking. I did this small coaster-sized piece as a trial. I think it turned out pretty well. I feel ready to start a rug. This is made from fabric strips and some yarn (the multicolored stuff) hooked onto a rug backing. I like the idea of recycling material, old sheets etc. for this. I have to take care of the loose ends yet, as you can see.
One more note- I got a new sewing machine!
I tried it out last night, sewing doll clothes. It is a real basic machine- it hums along great so far.
I've got lots of itch to sew now.

4 comments:

MindiJo said...

I like your new blog look. And let me know about this book. Looks interesting.
Lucky you- with your studio and all of it's little joys.

Becca said...

Love the hooking project and YAY on the sewing machine!!

Anonymous said...

I love your new cubbies. I saw something like this in a house in CO and loved it, that was when I was in high school and I still love the look of those. The lady there used it as hat/mitten storage in her hallway. Have fun filling it up! :)
BTW, I really like your new project. Where are you putting the rug when it's done?

Elizabeth Halt said...

I would love those cubbies. There is just something about having a ton of little holes to put things in. It satisfies my love for organizing immensely. Enjoy!