On Thursday night I stayed out late- went to a bonfire at Anna's house. It was a really nice night, good visiting, laughter...I got home just past 1 a.m. Not so late, right? Yah, that's what I thought.
I felt it Friday. So I went back to bed after the kids got on the bus. I think that was my mistake. I got up later, groggy and crabby. All day. I felt it. It makes me disgusted with myself- that I can't even take one night of less sleep...I went back for another nap in the afternoon.
I did get myself and the older kids to the homecoming football game. I am not a football fan, I visited and the kids ran around with all their buddies, playing tag and...football. Ted even ended up with a bloody nose.
This morning (it's Saturday, Jan, heeellllooooo) I woke up at the normal 6:18. I got out of bed a while after laying there-- and here I am! Bushy-tailed, just like all the old ladies!
Groan, I am too young for this.

4 comments:
"in the hills", "among these hills" whichever way you look at it, at least you aren't under the hills. cuz then we'd be missing you, Jan!
i'm the same way when it comes to sleep.
and...sometimes something that seems so insignificant stops us in our tracks and makes us realize how time marches on, we get older, things around us change, but then we can look at the "constants" in our lives and give thanks for them.
Those hangovers from no sleep hurt more than they used to here too...
I love that picture. Our colors are just starting to change.
Heck, I was pretty groggy myself, but I enjoy the visiting so much that it's worth it to me to just write off the next day as a tired one! Glad you came:)
Beautiful photo! I dragged my husband away from what he was doing so he could see and appreciate it, too. He did. :)
Post a Comment