These bushes on the sides of the roads have been catching my eye lately.
All our other leaves are gone, so this brilliant yellow stands out. The photos didn't quite catch the maroon and purplish colors of the wood in certain light, and the lush grays at other times. I keep dreaming of a fabric design from this. I have been feeling a sort of tension inside lately. I want to spend time in my studio, working on my art stuff, but at the same time I cringe at my messy house (remember this theme, everyone?) and how it suffers even more if I am dedicating time to my loves and hobbies. I look at artsy craftsy blogs and get envious at the people who are following their muse. I know I just need to spend the time doing- the rest comes, except I feel this pressure to keep house, etc. and I can't seem to find a balance!!
Ahh, glad you let me get that off my chest. I look at the above paragraph and I can see there is some unnecessary guilt in there. I have to let it go. And I would be happier creating than cleaning...
create/clean/create/clean/cook/clean/cook/clean/create and so on.
3 comments:
Create. The cooking and cleaning will still be there when you are done creating.
I'm the same way... I have so many ideas that I never get to because I think, "I'll do that after I get to the kitchen/bathroom/livingroom/laundry. And then *somehow* I spend more time cleaning than creating and yet... it's not as if my house is in spectacular shape or anything. When you figure out that balance, enlighten me. : )
I hear your struggle. Part of me feels guilty if I create before cleaning but another part of me *can't* create if the house is messy. And since there's always some mess, I don't create much anymore. Bah. I'm planning on getting over that.
Follow your muse! Create. And then show us your art- if you share it with others. :)
Post a Comment