I attended both on New Year's day.
Our neighbor passed away- no, not those neighbors, this one lived on the other side of the hill. A very sad event, as she was 54 and battled cancer. Her daughter is my running buddy, though we haven't run together for quite awhile.
I went straight from the funeral to a wedding. The wedding was an opportunity for me to work as an assistant to the fabulous photographer, Jennifer Skoog. (She promised she'd post a few of my photos there along with hers.) It was so fun, especially after being stuck in the house during a blizzard for several days. I got to exercise my compositional/creative eye, as she handed me a camera and had me take lots of candid shots.
It was quite a day to bring the New Year in on. Now I am looking forward to a busy year: I hope to continue to, and work harder on, being healthy- exercise and healthy eating. I also want to spend more time and energy pursuing my art, whatever and wherever that may come to mean and be. Pretty vague, huh? I am still seeking more direction for myself in that area.
And of course, I plan to continue enjoying my family to the max. I love the stage that my kids are at now and I appreciate their innocence and excitement.
I wish the best for you and yours in the coming year.
3 comments:
Fun! Cant wait to see the pics you took with Jen at the wedding, Im sure they're amazing. I love the pics you post on your blog :)
Great resolutions. I love it. Because they are a little different than the usual... Well, the art ones, anyway.
happy '11 to you as well Jan.
Post a Comment