Friday, January 21, 2011

Murphy's Law.

Isn't it Murphy's Law that our furnace would quit working on the coldest night of the year? Ron got up this morning for work and found the house a bit chilly. Our furnace (electric) was leaking water. The coil is leaking. Or something. He closed a valve (or something) so that our floor heat could continue to work. Thus, the pipes won't freeze. Currently it is about 60 degrees downstairs, and upstairs it's 56. The fleece sheets felt extra cozy this morning.

And my favorite coffee cup broke last night.

But, all in all, life is still fine. I am not complaining. Yet. If we need a new furnace or something, then I will complain.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know all about Murphy's Law. Fun, fun stuff. I'm hoping Murphy will just get sick of the cold and quit coming around. By the way, I got another 1.3 miles in this morning. -Ruthann

Anonymous said...

2 miles in today. you'll have to break in a new favorite. -Jess

Anna said...

Maybe Murphy moved from our house, he seemed to be hanging here for a long time...sorry he stopped at yours! Hopefully it'll be a quick fix.
Anna

Anonymous said...

1-22-11 2.2 miles -Ruthann

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Murphy needs to go away!!! Reminds me of when our furnace stopped working New Years Eve and we arrive to a 54 degrees house. Oh, dear. Crossing my fingers that you do not need a new furnace.

Anonymous said...

1/22/11 -2 miles -Jess

Anonymous said...

1/23 - 3.2 miles -Jess

MindiJo said...

Since your furnace was fixed, I can safely say that I am really sorry to hear about your coffee cup. It really does stink.

Julie said...

To borrow my favorite MN word, "Oof-da." A furnace breaking on the coldest night of the year would stink!