Last Saturday, we added a rooster and six hens to our flock. Chester is the rooster's name, and he is a traditional looking red cock with long iridescent tail feathers. He has been pretty tame so far, he let me pick him and pet him without too much of a scuffle. I feel a sort of affection for him, he is so handsome. Chester and his gals seem to be adjusting to our coop and flock- the daily egg count has gone up and all seems calm when I open the coop door.
I apologize, but I have not been taking many photos lately. I wish I had a picture of Chester to post.
In other news, I am recommending a tea- Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy Herb Tea (no caffeine.) Jen S. clued me in a couple of weeks ago, and we all love it over here. It is very sweet with no added sugar or sweetener. It's sort of like smelling a bag of spice drops which I also love, but this is so much better for me. I highly suggest you try it!
SLW 2011 update- Ladies, keep an eye on your mailbox. I sent out the literature today. Time to get your creative caps on!
5 comments:
I LoVe that tea, also! My sister Tara clued me in on it. I actually meant to put it on my blog. It converted me into a tea drinker, because it doesn't taste like your usual tea.
You are making me want to do the Superior Trail in real life! It looks beautiful!
do you cut the spurs off of your roosters?
Chester has his spurs. If he becomes more aggressive, I would consider cutting off his spurs.
If your talking about the tea Im thinking of then its delicious! We had it up in Alaska...
Ooo, I've been looking for a new tea. I'm going to have to try it! Thanks!
Chester is a great name for a rooster. :)
And I agree with Mindi- the photos of the trail are beautiful! I'd love to hike part of it in real life.
Post a Comment