Friday, December 31, 2010

Blizzard 2010. Driving me insane.

I was okay with it yesterday, I really was.

Today I am going batty. Ron has been outside plowing the driveway honestly, for hours. Back and forth, with the little plow on his 4-wheeler. He plowed yesterday as it was snowing. Last night as it was snowing and drifting. Today before it snows again. I think of it as playing in his sandbox. Apparently to him, it is serious business.

During my whole growing up years here, my dad never owned a plow. In hindsight, this was probably because it would be difficult to drive and operate a plow with one hand. But he never owned one. He may have moved snow now and then with the tractor bucket that is now in our garage. When the storm ended, he just called up someone with a plow and hired them to clear us out. It didn't pay to plow before the road was open anyways. So pardon me if I don't take Ron's plowing so seriously. I see it as his escape from the house. And from the kids fighting and whining and begging. I could use an escape about now, but I figure we need one adult in here to referee. Ron is out- yep, plowing. So I am stuck in here.

A couple of hours ago he stopped in before he left for the local village (to get more gas...for the four-wheeler...so he could keep plowing...) and basically said he didn't think I would be able to go where I need to go tomorrow- I wasn't sure if he was thinking I wouldn't be able to go because the event will be canceled due to weather, or that I wouldn't be able to make it there or because he would be needing to plow a little more, therefore I would have to stay home and referee some more. Needless to say, I pretty much blew up at that one.

Then he made the mistake of asking me what I'd been doing all morning. Couldn't he tell I have been zipping coats, putting on boots, wiping tears, refereeing, laundry and slowly putting away more Christmas decorations? Just because there was still dishes on the table, it looked like I had been sitting around eating bonbons. Come on!

I am thinking maybe I should just make a run for it and go stay somewhere in the town I need to get to tomorrow... if I can get there.

6 comments:

MindiJo said...

Make a run for it!!!! :)

ethiopifinn said...

Go! And take the bonbons with you!!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Glad you were able to get out and use your creative juices at the "event" today! hehe. :) Thanks again!

Sarah said...

Oh, that is my husband to a T. I don't mean to laugh at your expense, but it's hilarious, because that is EXACTLY what my husband does too- plows on his 4-wheeler for hours in the middle of a blizzard while I'm stuck inside breaking up fights!! Hoping for a low-snowfall winter. : )

Anna said...

Oooh, me too, me too! Eric had the neighbors, the neighbors and the neighbors all nicely plowed out on Friday, but my car was stuck as could be. Both by snow and the fact that it wouldn't start. Lucky for him I had no where to go...

Anonymous said...

would rather have it plowed than have a emergency and no one can get in or out