Friday, January 14, 2011

Gooseberry Falls State Park to Split Rock Lighthouse State Park

This section starts out traveling through a variety of forests. The trail then climbs to and follows Bread Loaf Ridge with stunning views of Lake Superior making this section one of the best views on the SHT.

Section

I did my hiking last night on skis, after dark. I estimate, with the help of a satellite map that I went at least 3 miles. It was wonderful. I went with 9 other ladies, then did a faster loop with 3 others. I am so happy that I dusted off my skis!

Gooseberry Falls
Here is a photo of Gooseberry Falls during the winter.

Now we are off to Split Rock, and more beautiful scenery!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun! I just got home from a trip out east with the hubby, so I've been slacking on the hiking. Got 2.4 miles in this morning though! I have a little catching up to do...
-Ruthann

Anonymous said...

I dusted off my Leslie Sansone workout. It's the walk and kick version with simple kickboxing mixed in. It is equal to two miles. 1/14/11 2 miles -Jess

Anonymous said...

I am just haven't had a chance to get on here and let you know! I have gone another 5.5 miles! Slowly but surely!-
Amy

Anonymous said...

Got another 3 miles in! I'm feeling motivated, thanks for sharing the photos and such.
-Ruthann

Anonymous said...

1/15/11- 2.6 miles -Jess