Saturday, July 31, 2010

Garden party highlights.

Today my sister Tina hosted a garden party in honor of my mom's birthday. She invited all the women and girls in my family from my mom on down- daughters, granddaughters, and great granddaughters. Unfortunately, my camera was left on the counter at home, so Jess graciously emailed me these photos she took of the party. This table is a sample of what we saw when we arrived. There were tables set up like this all over Tina's garden area.

I wish I could show you all the girls in their garden party outfits, but beggars can't be choosers since I forgot my camera. Here is Tess in her party attire.
And here are some lovely ladies taking tea. This photo gives you a better idea of how extensive Tina's gardens are. Yes, I am in there.
Even Brynn, Jeremy and Tricia's new baby girl made it to the party. She was the youngest participant, at less than two weeks old!
She had a token teacup set out for her.

Tina and her help (her daughters and dil's) did a wonderful job. Sadie was so excited all week for the upcoming garden party. It seems she has been reading American Girl books containing scenes from garden parties, so she had very definite ideas of what she should wear. Luckily we found the perfect dress from a local consignment shop. I will have to take a photo of her in it some other day.

Hope you have had such fun and loveliness this weekend.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

oh! i just love this idea! ah, summertime... are you taking new members to the sisterhood? ;)

ethiopifinn said...

The S girls just know how to have fun. Plus, I didn't know you have a sister Tina. Funny.

What a lovely day to celebrate your Mom!

Jan said...

Yvonne,
only if you marry in- so I don't think you're a candidate : )

Brita said...

Great pictures! What a fun idea.

BlueSky said...

Ah, Tessie is getting so BIG! :)