It occurred to me last night while I was brushing my teeth that since I started training for the half, I have been focusing on what my body can do instead of what it looks like.
I was frustrated with my extra weight. It was really getting me down.
Since training (2 weeks or so now) I don't look in the mirror (at least not critically) instead I spend my time "feeling" how my body is managing the challenges I am putting it up to.
I think that is very good progress. And that is exactly why I knew I had to go for this goal. I needed to refocus my body image.
6 comments:
with the title, "My body", i was hoping for a artistic nude shot of you....;)
~ann b.
yeah - what ann said.
not really
WHERE does she come up with that stuff.
Actually - I was just popping by to say hey. I still enjoy reading your blog and I enjoy 'seeing' what you're up to. but not in the nude.
Ann- haha- I left that behind with my college days : )
Hi Sharyn, haven't heard from you lately : )
Jan,
I had a whole new appreciation for my body after training for a race! Isn't it wonderful to be working hard but having the focus be on strengthening your body and reserve and not just to work out because 'you should'? I loved having a goal. Yay for you! :)
*That* is absolutely wonderful. It is how we should look at our bodies, but we do not. Not enough, anyways.
Awesome Jan! I am so stoked for you! I thought I was nuts for thinking of doing the Red Rooster 5 miler in Sept. You have me beat. :) Keep us posted and give us some good tips!
Post a Comment