This is a project Sam and Ted and I did a few weeks ago. They finger painted on paper and we let that dry. We brought them outdoors and laid objects on them over the paintings, and we sprayed them with some old black spray paint that was begging to be used. That center smiley one- that was a piece of garden hose and some rocks. At these ages (of the boys) it is the process that really matters.But on to the rest of the post...
My studio is coming together!
Ron installed 8 ft. of countertop against one wall. Sadie's stuff is cleared out of there, and we hauled a dresser in there with lots of drawers- the dresser is for the kids' stuff. Ron is in the process of building a table out of an old door for the kids to do their projects on.
I realized a while back that I needed to make room for the kids in my studio because whether I wanted them in there or not, they were there. I think it will make for more family peace and creativity to make the space partly theirs. And I will use the big table too.
It has been fun (and amazing to me) to watch how excited the kids are to get this space. Already they are hanging out in there while I am in there, working on their own projects or sketchbooks. Ted begs daily "lets work in the studio..." Maybe unfortunately it seems like our creativity (Mine, Ron's, and the kids) really starts to fire up at about 10 pm. I am like "uh, kids, you should really be getting to bed..." but I hate to squash the fun when I can understand it so well.
Soon, soon, after some more organizing, I will post pictures of the studio.
3 comments:
This is exciting and, dare I say, envialble! I designated the blue room in our house as "my room", and 2 months later Theo was enroute. Maybe I'll get that room back someday.
I love the compromise you made to include the kids. They'll learn from seeing your process, and vice versa. Plus, you made the kids, too. They are part of your art now, sister!
Fun! Can't wait to see pictures. Good for you!
How fun! A studio. And a fun mom who doesn't make her kids go to bed at 10:30pm.
Post a Comment