This past week I took a few extra days off and I did not do my long run. My left knee has been giving me some trouble- it had a sore spot before I started training from some little injury like slipping on a toy or something. I don't actually remember what happened. It is not improving, and it hurts when I bend my knee to deep angle. In addition, it felt swollen after my 7 mile run.
Right now I am in limbo about what to do. I did run 5 miles on Sat. and it doesn't seem worse, but it is not improving either. I talked to Coach, and she did tell me that there is a half marathon in Fargo one month later than the race I was planning to run. If my training gets waylaid due to this knee, I can shoot for that one.
I am feeling a bit disgruntled at myself because my intuitive eating that I was trying to do just slipped my mind and I have been eating junk and lots of it. The two lbs. I lost early on are back.
I will admit with my knee issues last week and realizing my eating was so bad, I felt some urges to just quit. But I won't. At least not yet! Any encouraging thoughts my way would be appreciated : )
4 comments:
I don't know about knee injuries, but I DO know that your hard work encourages ME.
You are going to keep going, because you feel so much better when you are creating...this intuitive eating and exercize create a space in your brain for p.e.a.c.e. and appreciation of the artist(s).
Just curious: When did a five mile run become a short run for you? It seems like a long run to me...
-Ruthann
Ruthann-I think when I ran 7. 5 seems doable now. Except when I went on pedometer maps and measured it, it was only 4. Oops. Maybe that's why it seemed short.
thanks Jenny. That does make me feel better.
50 years from now, you probably won't care you had to wait a month to run your race. But you probably will be mad if you just give up. The fact that you're dedicated enough to run in the first place is pretty darn impressive! i doubt i could even run a full mile. so that makes you awesome! :) on a side note, when is the toad lake town hall open? and how do i get a key to drop off recycling? karen
Post a Comment