Friday, February 12, 2010

A quote.

"This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this."

-Charlie Brown

4 comments:

Becca said...

Are you down, Jan? It's that time of year isn't it....winter starts to feel really long in February. I just heard last night that Omega 3 fish oil can make a significant difference in mood and that protein is also helpful. I'm going to get myself some Omega 3...thought I'd pass along the tip.

Smile, you creative, talented person, you! :)

ethiopifinn said...

Yesterday I was just exhausted, and i am sure i was sporting the depressed stance. suvi asked me a few times if I was sad. she's not even 2. so i would do a fake cheesey grin until we both laughed. charlie brown is spot on.

Mari said...

Ever notice how when you're depressed, you CAN'T stand up straight? It's like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.

Mari said...

Jan, do you have a collection of quotes on depression? The ones you have posted are so telling. And the Charlie Brown one even adds a bit of humor; we still have a sense of humor, don't we? Also, have you ever done any visual art based on your depression experience? I wish I had the talent to put in a picture what it felt like to me to be depressed.