Maria and Grace came to help. I figured this project covered social studies, science and phy. ed. All hands on!
Ron is over six feet tall, which gives you some perspective on how tall this igloo is.

Last night the older kids and Ron and I went to a super concert.
The group was a brass ensemble called "the Dallas Brass." (It also included a drummer.) They narrated and performed a survey of American musical history, from the Revolutionary War to the present. (Ahem, music education and history at once. Love that!) It was geared as a family show so the kids were not bored. They even got plenty of jokes in! I never realized how versatile brass instruments are.
To sweeten the event, it was free. I just had to reserve tickets- lucky I did, as it was a very full house. Sadie did tell me during the concert that I looked really dorky because I was tapping and bobbing and swaying to the music (but stayed in my seat.) Then she felt a bit bad and told me it was okay, I could do it anyways. We were in the balcony at the top so no one could see me.
Like I said, the music was awesome, I couldn't keep still.
5 comments:
I am completely envious! :)
What fun, and what fun!
awesome igloo.
the concert sounds wonderful.
That is one awesome fort. Some people complain about winter - but if you make a point to enjoy what it has to offer, it's fun. And it obviously looks like you're getting out and enjoying it! The concert sounded fun too. I think it's good that you bring the kids - it'll likely give them an appreciation for things that you enjoy.
Or maybe I should say, it's looks like the kids were enjoying it. (But I know that deep down Ron was having fun, even if he wasn't smiling. )
Post a Comment