Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hockey: use it or lose it.

Yesterday my sis-in-law called me up to see if I wanted a ride to play hockey. I have not played yet this year, but yesterday I figured "what the heck" and I went.

There was about fourteen ladies at the rink. I have not played hockey much in my life, and I had not skated since last winter. I did alright, though. It was so much fun! Another way to beat winter- go out and play hockey in it! (We were outdoors.)

I was the second oldest lady there- My sis-in-law was by far the oldest. We were talking on the way home how "if you don't use it you lose it." I keep thinking of that as I age because I want to be able to keep being active through the years.

So now I am already thinking about playing next week, and it will provide some motivation to work on my fitness- core strength and endurance mostly.

A few weeks ago Nora played hockey with the ladies and said it was the most fun she'd had in a long time. I didn't quite believe her that it could be that fun, but it really was!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds like fun!!!

Mari said...

Way to go! I think maybe I should go out soon and toilet-paper some cars, to keep myself young. I don't dare play hockey.

Anna said...

It is a blast, isn't it? I made it the first time...unfortunately life-work- hasn't let me make it again...maybe next week!