Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday notes.

  • Last night, Ron, Sadie and Sam spent the night in the igloo. They went out there at about 9pm and came back to the house at about 7 am this morning. I guess they were warm. I was amazed they lasted that long.
  • Here's a link to a blog- his recent post about parents and teaching to the test caught my eye. Some thoughts I agree with. Take a peak. Pete is teaching in the bush in Alaska.
  • Sadie balked at haiku. Because she doesn't want to be told what or how to write poetry. : )
  • Played Outburst with the oldies yesterday. Remember that game?
  • The kids earned their Happy Meals this week. Sadie is still a bit shaky on the multiplication though.
  • Ted wants to go do schoolwork, so talk to ya later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, did they sit around a bonfire before bed?

Anonymous said...

I think there is a lot of truth in what he says. Thus the fallacy of holding teachers fully to blame when a student doesn't measure up. The family and the student have a lot to do with how a student does. Teachers must do all they can to provide a good education. It is up to the student to put forth the effort to learn.
Patti I.