The blizzard struck- yesterday was the worst of it. This morning we are snowed in- too much snow for Ron's new plow on the 4-wheeler to handle, even though he did plow once yesterday to try keep up with it. No school today, which means the kids' elementary Christmas program that was to be held tonight is canceled as well. So we have been hanging out together- the kids have played lots of games, drank Earl Grey tea (yep, the kids drank it- I had coffee) I made Thai fresh spring rolls for all of us, I played piano, and lots of us took naps. Today the sun is shining but it is about ten degrees below zero. I might hike over to the neighbors for coffee and Christmas cookies later.
The great thing about this blizzard is that it means there will be plenty of snow for recreational purposes over Christmas vacation- all the new outside toys that might be under the tree can get lots of use!
7 comments:
That sounds like perfectly old-fashioned fun! I'm a little jealous about the snow. I miss it. A lot.
I always LOVED snowdays... something cozy about being STUCK. Your Thai rolls sound so yummy. Do you make them from scratch? If so can you share your recipe?
Your snow day sounds delicious.
sounds like a perfect day.
By the end of the day it all unraveled and we just got on each other's nerves. I should say Ron was bugged by my ability to relax and take it easy. He took off for the night shift now...
Looks like you guys had a nice snow storm. We didn't get that much, I wish it were more. How are the neighbors doing? Maybe we'll see you's around Christmas! Get the driveway plowed.
AJP
That blizzard snarled up air traffic and we spent 8 hrs. in the Mpls. airport!!..kinda took the sparkle out of a festive weekend with Lisa and family there!..
CAM
Post a Comment