I have to say the best (material) gift I have received this year is my piano. It has provided me with hours of enjoyment so far already, and I didn't get it that long ago. Dawn, the woman I received it from, had posted a free piano on Freecycle. I responded- and it turned out it was my college classmate who lives in a nearby town. The first people who had contacted her did not show up to take it away so she then gave me the opportunity to come get it. Thanks to my husband, brother, and brother-in-law who went right away to pick it up. Dawn sent a piano bench and a big box of piano music and books for me also. What a gift! There has been very few days that I have not sat down for at least a few minutes to play. Sam, the dear, claims he likes all the songs that I play. Lilah likes to climb up and sit with me when I play, plunking a few notes to chime in.
So that, my friends, is my best gift of the year. What is yours?
2 comments:
I would have to say that the best gift for me is that "all" my family is "home" safe and sound this Christmas season.
What a great gift...we love our piano and love it when the grandkids want to play us a song no matter what age they are.
It will be a sad day when the last of our kids who play will no longer be living in our house for us to hear.
Enjoy your piano and have a wonderful Christmas with you family.
I had to go away and think about this one. If we are talking material gifts, nothing really pops out. My friend, Amy, brought over a bunch of Tamales for us to enjoy at Christmas. Does that count?
I think this past year, I have been extremely fortunate in making new friends (Susan & family) and finally feeling like this is "home".
Post a Comment