Next time you want to surprise your kids, try this:
The other day I was babysitting extra kids; it was a vacation day, so the school kids were home too. Towards the end of the afternoon I had a wild strike of inspiration! I gathered the kids together and showed them the full skein of yarn I had in my hands. Then I told them they were going to take turns, youngest to oldest, wrapping every bit of the yarn around the inside of the house. They looked at me like I was crazy.
And then they started. It was lots of fun! They felt like they were in a huge spiderweb! Yarn went up the stairs, around the chairs, looped around doorknobs. I even helped a bit with some higher areas. The kids were a team as they worked to use up all the yarn.
Cheap entertainment (it was cheap yarn.)
I tried taking pictures, but they did not illustrate the project very well.
6 comments:
that does sound like fun
and perfect for this time of year
we did this for a birthday - had a dozen trails going around the house and each kid had to follow their strand to the end. Allan was a bit overly exuberant in his trail blazing and it lasted a really long time. hahahah
I'll have to remember to let them have at it just for the heck of it sometime this winter
oh - and my pictures didn't go real well either, hard to capture that one
That sounds like the time all of us girls went to South Dakota except poor Lois. When we were gone Mom let her have at our rooms with toilet paper- it was even hanging from the ceilings. Sounds like fun!
How fun! Who cleaned it up? :)
That's a creative idea! You could have each of them use some yarn and then when they are done, trade the skein and have them undo it! Thanks for the inspiration!
I love this idea. How cool for the kids!
Post a Comment