Thursday, October 30, 2008

Through the forest.

We went on a walk in the state forest today. So which part of the story do you want to read and/or see?

Do you want to hear about how we spent time together as a family, out in the fresh air getting exercise? The mushy gushy stuff- like this photo, that says "awwww, that's cute?"
This photo also illustrates how bare the trees are now, and how you can see through the woods. It's nice to get that view once in awhile. It also shows the hills around here.
Do you want to see the artsy views? This is Ron's version of a pair of trees, straight up.
Or the scenery. Above is the bog where we picked cranberries last fall. Cranberries are fickle. They only show up every so often when the conditions are right. There isn't any this year. Note there is a bit of snow left deep in the woods.

Or do you want the goofy details, the amusing, the silly? How about that I walked for almost an hour before I realized I that I had two different shoes on? At least they were both running shoes.

And last- how about fiction? Here is a spooky tree in the dark forest- it could reach out and grab you as you go by- be careful, very careful.
It is all in how you tell the tale.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Neat photos, Jan. The shoes make me laugh...only because I would do the same thing in all the flurry of getting all the kids ready and out the door and then flying to get myself ready last.

ethiopifinn said...

the pair of trees made me catch my breath. the same feeling comes when i look up at a tall building. weird.
i like the "happy" halloween tree.

Elizabeth Halt said...

great perspectives!

I like the shoe story, reminds me of the time(s) I realized that I had slippers on my feet when I was already in the car ready to head to work. :)

MindiJo said...

Looks like a successful walk through the woods, no matter which way you look at it.

Anonymous said...

What a great post. ~Brita

Aleena said...

Cool post!