It has been a fabulous fall for fungi. I developed a bit of a fascination with mushrooms after I went to a one day seminar about them some years ago.
(I wish I had a better lens for this.) They can be so grotesque.
Of course, the scary thing about mushrooms is that some are poisonous, even deadly. And they are named things like "Angel of Death" (the amanita family.) That is pretty Halloweeny.
While others are edible- actually delicacies.
3 comments:
I don't know if I could ever pick and eat them myself. I've seen photos of how similar deadly ones are to non-deadly ones and would be too worried I'd suffer death by fungi. :-)
my dad would love these!
~ann b.
Hmm...so, when it comes to picking mushrooms, don't eat the one that looks like the one in the hand of the dead guy, right??!? Kidding. Those are cool pics! Another example of how neat things can be if you stop and look at them.
Post a Comment