Friday, October 24, 2008

Tent city.

Here is the tent city that was hanging around here yesterday.

Notice the dresser that has not found a new home since it was displaced by the piano. It's been hanging there for almost a week now. Not to mention the clutter I cropped out of this photo. It's been like this around here lately, and I am starting to get claustrophobic. Things get lost in the mess. I would like to blame it all on these two almost-two-year-olds that I have running around here, they carry stuff all over all day long, but it's not just them.

Sigh. I am not a very motivated housekeeper...but the kids were having fun.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Meh, you can clean when they're older. It sounds like you're spending the time well.

The only reason my apartment always looks clean is because I don't have "stuff" or children - and the dog doesn't play with toys. I would rather spend my time doing almost anything else. :)

Elizabeth Halt said...

Also, I am quite sure that I've read studies saying that one of the factors for the high rate of allergies in the U.S. is our too-sterile environments. Clearly, you don't want to keep your home too clean or you'd be doing your family a disservice. ;)

Now - don't you feel much better?!

ethiopifinn said...

Jan! When the photo came up, I thought the tents made the letters b-o-o. It seems I had certain expectations about your blog! Makes me laugh, but it still sort of looks that way to me. Love it. Theo is getting something like that for his b-day in December.

BTW, The piano sounds wonderful. We have an opportunity to get a free piano, but I am afraid I will take it and it wont be working harmoniously.

Anonymous said...

Boy, can I relate to this. I've finally 'had it' and we're shoving all the extra clutter into Nikayda's bedroom for now. I'm the worst about getting my kids to clean up and I have way too much clutter myself. I'm hoping this temporary solution will help to bring about some form of tranquility. Maybe not a permanent feeling, but even brief would be nice in this construction zone!

MindiJo said...

Yes!!! I finally have a legitimate excuse for not cleaning my houes as often as I should. It's all to protect my children from horrible allergies. And we have allergies in this household. So, that obviously must mean that my house is impeccably clean at all times. Just so you know. And those of you who have been in my house- ssh! This makes me look really good. Thanks, Elizabeth, for your help.

Elizabeth Halt said...

btw - to Jen's comment, I totally see the "boo"!

Jan said...

Yep- I see the "boo" too- funny!
E- my kids do not have allergies, and you know why!
J-because of the piano or the player?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Can't see the boo... but if I turn around in my chair right now I see the same sort of scenery.. tents and all.. :)
My kids don't have allergies either.. :)