Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back on Monday.

This is it- tomorrow I leave for the U.P. and the Copperman triathlon. The race will take place Saturday morning.

My goal when I joined WW in early May was to lose 20 lbs. by the triathlon. On Wednesday I weighed in, my total loss is at 22.2 lbs!! When I started I could run a full mile. Now I can run a slow 4, and did one 5k race in July. I feel really good about this!!

My next fitness goal is to run a 5k in the beginning of Sept. and to finish it in under 30 minutes. (in mid-July I got 32:20 or so.) So I will be focusing on increasing my speed in the month of August.

And that is where I stand right now...

7 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

That is awesome!!! You should be so proud of yourself!

Sharyn said...

congratulations and good luck!! I'll be up there too...but I'm not up to runnin' yet. ;)

Karen said...

congratulations! it's awesome that not only did you set big goals for yourself, you accomplished them! wow!good luck in the copperman! karen and "emma"

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You're motivating me.

{I couldn't comment this weekend, because I couldn't get into your blog (and a few other blogs).} :)

Anonymous said...

Good job Jan! You have more determination than me! :P

Sue said...

Awesome...good for you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I need to get my buns in gear... more for the exersice than weightloss but I'm starting to feel a bit mossy.