Monday, May 9, 2011

Community pride.

Saturday morning, we got up and braved the rain to go and pick-up the garbage along our 4-H club's adopted section of highway. We did it in the rain because we wanted to get it done before next weekend, which is fishing season opener and the traffic will be very heavy.

I picked garbage on this section of highway back when I was a 4-Her. I was thinking about that a bit while a was out there- it's come a full circle.

Who would think picking garbage is fun? But it was- the camaraderie and doing something for our community feels good, and it was a beautiful morning- a reason to take a walk in the rain. There's no couch potatoes in this bunch of kids.

I am betting these kids won't throw garbage from their cars when they get older.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping our roads clean! 2.3 miles for me today. -Ruthann

Krista said...

I liked picking up garbage with FFA, it is fun!

Anonymous said...

Way to go kids! We can hope they are more aware of littering! :) Thank You for doing your share of keeping our planet clean and looking good!! :)

Anonymous said...

5/8 3.1 miles -Jess

Anonymous said...

5/9 2 miles -Jess

Yvonne said...

i love this idea especially with the kids being involved.
1 mile, total? something like 88.5?