Friday, May 6, 2011

Garden adventures.

I like having a garden because I can try grow different vegetables. Last year I tried tomatillos. I have grown different greens, eggplant, and varieties of squash. A variety of herbs. People who know me well know I like to try different foods.

This year I am going to try grow kohlrabi. I bought some at a farmer's market a couple of summers ago and we all liked it raw with salt sprinkled on it.
Sam has been watching over these seedlings. He counts them, he waters them, he examines them daily. I have a feeling he is going to like kohlrabi just because of the relationship he has with it already. I've said it before and I'll say it again- involving kids with the gardening fosters a love for vegetables.

What new vegetable are you going to plant in your garden this year?

ETA: My asparagus is up! We can't eat it yet this year, you're supposed to wait three years after you plant it, to establish the roots.

No comments: