Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thinking about food.

I am reading Geneen Roth's book Women, Food and God right now.
Well, I just started it. It is proving to be very interesting- looking at why some women overeat- that we use it as a way to try avoid feeling uncomfortable feelings. I think she is saying if we can figure out these feelings that we are trying to avoid, we won't need the food anymore. But I am only a few chapters into it. (And I guess I haven't really gotten into the God part yet, so I can't say much about that.) I see a lot of myself in this book.

Geneen Roth also has a column in the Good Housekeeping magazine. I have read a bunch of them online, and they make a lot of sense to me. Take a look.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the road again.
5/17 2.4 miles -Jess
(245.2)

Anonymous said...

Another 2 miles for me. -Ruthann

ethiopifinn said...

bought it last night.
i was also trying to figure out what the other book i was wanting to read is... you posted it some time ago, i searched your blog, to no avail.

Yvonne said...

just think if we never had to think about food!!