Inspired by Sharyn's trip to Portland, I started thinking I should hike somewhere on my treadmill. I have long dreamed of hiking the Appalachian Trail, in part or whole. But when I looked up how many miles it is, I figured I need to do something more manageable right now.
I have decided on the Superior Trail here in Minnesota. It goes along the north shore of Lake Superior for 277 miles. I will be logging on the miles mostly on my treadmill, but on nice days I may walk outdoors. I am going from the south end to the Canadian border. If you look at this map, You can see where I am going. I will skip the Duluth part, and start east of Two Harbors.
I will keep you posted of my whereabouts on the side of my blog. Come join me if you are interested, I know of one fellow "hiker" so far- look for her comments while she's either puffing to keep up to me or cooling her heels waiting for me to catch up. We figure we should go check out the real trail this summer sometime. I hope to post pictures or picture links along the way. This site shows some beautiful views from the trail!
I plan to buy myself a T-shirt when I finish. Check out the cool coffee mug, that would be fun to have too.
So come join me on this adventure! I am planning to start tomorrow, which is Thursday, Jan. 6th.
6 comments:
I'm ready! I think it would be fun to go up there to camp this summer and 'really' hike part of the trail. Anyone else coming? -Jess
Sharyn is an inspiration, isn't she? She inspired me to travel somewhere, too. Although I won't be going as far because I am swimming, running, walking, biking, etc. I started running, but I'm not sure where I am going yet....
my ears are all sorts of ringing! LOL I love the idea of the Appalachian Trail! We've camped along there - I can't wait to see what you see!
Very cool idea! Sounds fun!
I want to "hike" with you! It is just the push I need to get back on my treadmill. Every time I go downstairs I look at and feel guilty! I will start tomorrow!--
This is so cool! I'm doing a walking challenge and this would be a fun idea to mix it up. :)
Post a Comment