Carnations.While we were in MI Ron ran to the store for some (more) grub, and came back with a bundle of carnations for the mothers. He brings a bundle of cheap flowers now and then, knowing that I would rather have the pleasure of arranging them myself than getting them already arranged.
So I gathered what wild flowers and greenery (weeds) I could find nearby and made a couple of small bouquets for Betty and I. Here is the one I made for Betty.
I think carnations can be very beautiful with the right stuff- and they are very sturdy, last long, and are cheap. The tight hand-tied bouquets that have been the style lately could be very nice done with a monochromatic scheme, like white or red. I bet you could hardly tell they were carnations instead of roses. White roses particularly, are difficult, as they are not very big and the tips of the petals can turn brown so easily. Carnations are so cheap it would be easy to try it ahead of time to see if it's the right look.
I won't be here for the next week. I am going to be busy with babysitting T & L's kids and then the point weekend. See you next week!
2 comments:
gorgeous!
I love pink and orange together!
Post a Comment