Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1/2 Training update: the muffin top.

I am happy to report that this training has been reducing my muffin top. Shirts are fitting better, though I have only lost about 2-3 pounds.

I have been trying to eat nutritious food- more fruit, veggies, milk and protein. But I do still get junk in too :(

Ran my six miles Sunday evening- it went well! My time was better than I hoped for, even with my walking breaks. Running is becoming fun again!

Does anyone have any opinions on barefoot running? Anyone own VFF's? (if you have them you'll know what I mean.) I have been doing some research on it, it's pretty interesting. Anyone read the book "Born to Run"?

3 comments:

MindiJo said...

Zane had a kick with that. And I am assuming those are the "barefoot shoes"?! He gave it a good shot, but gave it up. It was hard on the calves at first, if I remember right.

I just tried to hunt him down to get his opinion, but he seems to have made himself scarce.

And way to go! Keep at it!! Sounds like you are doing awesome.

MindiJo said...

Found him. He thinks it would be good, but you definitely need to work your way into it slowly.

He didn't use the VFF's. He used the other shoe things.

Anonymous said...

I've read you blog for a while but haven't left a comment before. I actually just bought a pair of the VFF's and I love them! My calves were sore after the first couple times of running in them but have now gotten used to them. I also actually just started "Born to Run" also. Haven't gotten very far into it yet but it seems interesting! -Karen H. (cokato)