I decided to redo my flower beds this spring. I have two of them in front of the house. They are rock beds- full of quack and weeds- so I decided the best option was to totally redo them and add some chicken manure while I was at it. It is work. And I am not even half done. We got the call yesterday to come pick up our (ordered) chicks a.s.a.p. so we went off to town. While in the local farm and fleet store, I told the kids that they are the lucky ones, they get to take chicks home! The cashier confirmed that there are lots of bawling kids hauled out of the store, sad because they can't buy any chicks.
As usual there was a "weak" one who wasn't thriving. I took it out of the pen so the other chicks wouldn't peck it. Sadie held it and fed it drops of water as death took over-for close to an hour. I guess she was doing "chick hospice."
2 comments:
That is sweet about the chick hospice.
Yay! you are back!
Your little chickie is so tender hearted :)
Post a Comment