Monday, December 14, 2009

Teeth.

I have a second home now- at the dentist's office. I have been shuttling my children to the dentist these past couple of weeks. Hopefully we are done tomorrow.

Last week I had four kids getting their teeth cleaned at once followed by a couple of fillings. I think I must be crazy-here I am paying for dental work at this expensive time of the year! One advantage though, is that it's really easy to get appointments, their schedules must be wide open.

I gave Sadie a little money lesson; I pointed out to her that with the money we just spent on her teeth (just in copays!) we could have bought her an American girl doll. She knows they are expensive, so it is a good gauge for her. She has been diligently brushing her teeth since then.

On a lucky note, we thought Sam had broken his foot over the weekend (snowboarding in the yard) but today he had it x-rayed and it's not. He just has to wear a "boot" (those black velcro things) for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad sam's foot is okay!
ever since we were there sonja has been diligent in asking for a rock tumbler for christmas....you know what i discovered? they're pretty expensive! i was surprised. that might have to be a birthday gift instead, as we've already bought a few gifts for her.
ann

Yvonne said...

LOVE this photo!