My kids willingly sat on Santa's lap. Santa takes time to talk to the kids for a few minutes. Here he was chatting with Olivia. She listened very intently. I'm not sure if she was fascinated with his beard or his face but she stared at him while he talked- she had that slight smile on her face the whole time.
It is another one of those times when I appreciate our local community. It's fun to see the people who live around us and bear the same cold winters, the distances from "town," and believe in living so "rurally" as we do. And Joulu Pukki? I am not sure I spelled it right, but that's Finnish for Santa Claus. In our family that is the code term for Santa around the kids so they don't tune in to what you're talking about. For example "who is going to be the Joulu Pukki this year?" Each year at our big family celebration, Santa shows up. Someone in the family gets to play the role- most of us have done it some time or another.
Have some fun, busy days getting ready for Christmas!
2 comments:
I didn't bring my kids yet, to see joulupukki. (proper spelling, one word :). Although they did see him walking through Ridgedale, heading on break, I believe. He used to visit us on Christmas Eve when we had a big gathering with my Mom's sibs and their families...it was exciting even when I knew Uncle George was under that beard.
we missed watertown santa doings this year, as we were out of town...the kids were disappointed to have missed it, but i think making cut-out sugar cookies helped balm the wounds...
~ ann b.
Post a Comment