Here they are: my kids on their first day of school. Don't they look like they are learning loads?After three days, I can say there has been great moments when I've thought "this is why I am doing this" and there have been moments of complete frustration and I've thought "what am I doing?" I, for one, am on a learning curve. Which I expected. I now have a better idea of what I need, curriculum-wise. For instance, first grade math- where do you start? And in what order?
I need to get a math program for Sam and Sadie.
We have stuck to a good morning ritual so far. I get up and get dressed before the kids, start breakfast, and then they wake and come down. We clear up the mess, each doing a "job"- Sam's duty is feeding the calves now. Then we settle into school work at 9 a.m.
So that is where we are right now. Tomorrow we will go to Fargo for an appt. for Lilah's feet. Afterwards we will go visit a park, as Sam's gripe the first day of school was that last year there was a better playground at school : )
Note to self: Don't plan on making applesauce, crab apple jelly and freezing corn for two afternoons straight while home schooling. It is too busy and too chaotic. Please cut back in order to save your sanity...
1 comment:
love sammy boy here
Post a Comment