
The garden has been producing cucumbers, summer squash, green beans and potatoes. We also have been slowly getting a few ripe tomatoes. The kids have really been enjoying going out there to find the veggies- you would think it Christmas morning if you were listening in. They shriek "Mom, come look! the cabbage is getting huge" or "the corn is taller than dad!" it is so exciting...last week we picked veggies and then the kids were all involved peeling, scrubbing and cutting them.

I promise Ted is safe with a knife : ) how else do you learn if you don't practice? We roasted the veggies in the oven. The kids sure liked them after all that work.
3 comments:
I wish my garden would produce all year round! My kids love finding searching to find the 'big HUGE one.' It really is great fun.
I love everything about this. How you involve your kids, how excited they are, the fact that you have a garden (I'd kill everything), everything. Awesome! A little home ec. for your homeschooling. You seem like a great mom.
Trust me, Mindi-
I am not that great.
Post a Comment