Saturday, May 30, 2009

My running buddy.

I am thrilled to tell you that I have a new running buddy. Last Wednesday, I was just whining to Ron that I should go running, but I didn't feel like it. And then the phone rang...

It was the neighbor girl, calling to see if I wanted to go running with her. She lives on the other side of the hill- last fall I was running and I bumped into her and her older sister out jogging- so I ran with them. And I told the one who lives over the hill that if she ever wants to run with me, to give me a jingle. Many months later, she did! Perfect timing.

We have gone out running together twice now, and it is so fun! Just the motivation I needed. I told her today that it was pretty brave of her to call the old lady who lives next door to go running : ) She is only 16, so I am sure I seem pretty old to her.

5 comments:

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Yahoo! I see you are another late-night blogger . . .
BTW, meant to tell you that you look thin!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

great motivator! I'm curious as to who it is...I don't know the neighborhood good enough to figure it out. Are you running the St. Urho again? Rumor has it 2 of my sisters in law are.

Jan said...

Thanks Jen!

joan- you probably don't know her- her last name begins with a Y. Morgan's wedding is the same day as St. Urho's, so no. Though I'd love to!

Julie L said...

I love having a partner when I walk.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that the wedding was on the same day. I keep trying to run - made it a mile so far- but I don't know that I'll be up to 3 by then. It's so frustrating to start back at zilch in that department. Ugh!